MEMBERS CHOICE CREDIT UNION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Your child’s future is important to us. In keeping the credit union value of “People Helping People”, MCCU offers $1,000 scholarships to local undergraduate, graduate and vocational/technical school students who stand out in the classroom and stand up in their communities.
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Student must be a member of Members Choice Credit Union member in good standing by March 29, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Be enrolled at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school
- Complete the application and essay
- Essay requirements: What are your career goals and how do you plan to achieve them? What has influenced your career decisions? *This will be a point of emphasis in the scoring.
- • Submit two (2) letters of reference from (1) any instructor/administration at your school and (2) a community or church leader with your application
- Submit a brief biography outlining your Honors/Awards, Community/Work Activities and Paid Work Activities as a separate document and include it with your application
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript including either a raised seal or signature of a school administrator
- Submit one photo to use for publication if selected as scholarship recipient – Photo must be 3000 x 2400 pixels and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a complete application and essay with your entry via email to email@example.com as one document in PDF format. Please submit to with the subject line 2019 Scholarship Application Last Name, First Name. Applications may also be mailed or hand deliver to: Members Choice Credit Union, Attention: Tiffany Black, P.O. Box 1468, Ashland, KY 41105.
- Applications must be received by MCCU by 5:00 P.M. EST on Friday, March 29, 2019
Submit all materials by 5 p.m., March 29. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Essays may be submitted in the form of a 500-word essay.
The 2019 scholarship application will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, January 8.
Scholarships are awarded as such: