MEMBERS CHOICE CREDIT UNION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Your child’s future is important to us. In keeping the credit union value of “People Helping People”, MCCU offers $7,000 in scholarships to local undergraduate, graduate and vocational/technical school students who stand out in the classroom and stand up in their communities.
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Parents/Guardian/Grandparent or student must be a member of Members Choice Credit Union member in good standing by March 16, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Be enrolled at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school
- Complete the application and essay
- Essay requirements: What are your career goals and how do you plan to achieve them? What has influenced your career decisions? *This will be a point of emphasis in the scoring.
- Attach an official copy of your high school transcript including either a raised seal or the signature of a school administrator.
- Attach two letters of recommendation, one from a school administrator or teacher and one from a community or church leader or other non-family member. Only two letters will be considered.
- Attach a list of Honors and Awards, Community/Work Activities and Paid Work Activities.
- Attach or email to email@example.com one photo to be used for publication if selected as a scholarship recipient. *Photos will not be attached to application during scoring process. This is strictly used for publication purposes after recipients have been awarded.
- Mail, email, or hand deliver the completed application with attachments to: Members Choice Credit Union, Attention: Tiffany Black, P.O. Box 1468, Ashland, Ky. 41105. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be received at MCCU by 5:00 P.M. EST on Friday, March 16, 2018.
Submit all materials by 5 p.m., March 16. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Essays may be submitted in the form of a 500-word essay.
The 2018 scholarship application will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, January 2.
Scholarships are awarded as such:
$1,000 7 scholarships*